Sunday 24 August 2014

Colour Tattoos


I know, I know it's spelt Color Tattoo but the Canadian in me just hates leaving out that "u"! Anyway lets get into it, I have not too recently discovered the world of cream shadows and am in love with them, one of my favourites is the Maybelline Color Tattoos and I have acquired a few of them. 


At first they were a little intimidating like most cream products (I am looking at you cream blush!) but once I started to use them I realized they were super easy to use, and kept accumulating more and more of them.  The thing I love about these is that they are versatile and can be used by themselves or as a base for shadows. I like to use them both ways, if I am in a rush it is extremely easy to just swipe them on with your fingers and then blend them out, and it looks like you put more effort in than you actually did. I also like to use them as a base and then I layer powder shadows on top, I find it really makes your eyes pop by using them as a base. I am sure you all have heard of the infamous Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo, and as you can see from the picture below I have a nice dent in mine, I love wearing this one on its own as it gives you such a nice look, there is a reason everyone talks about it!  I also really love wearing Creamy Beige by itself for a minimal makeup look. 

25 Bad to the Bronze
95 Chocolate Suede
80 Creamy Beige

90 Nude Compliment
  
90 Vintage Plum

  
70 Barely Branded
The swatches I did were just one swipe, so you can really see that they have great pigmentation and colour and you don't have to layer it on like crazy!
 
What do you guys think about cream shadows? Do you have a favourite shade or brand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment